Acceptable Software Applications
InDesign CS2; Quark Express 4.0; Adobe Illustrator 8.0; Pagemaker 6.5;
High Res PDFs; All typefaces must be Adobe Type 1
Acceptable Types of Media
Mac OSX Compatible. Ads may be sent electronically or on CD.
4/C Digital Ad Submission
• 4-color photographs should be saved in CMYK modes as Photoshop EPS
files in binary format with no transfer functions or custom halftone screens used.
• Use only process colors (black, cyan, magenta & yellow) in your ad document
and supporting artwork files. We only print using process colors. Most Pantone or
custom colors do not accurately reproduce when printed in this manner.
• Provide all supporting art and typefaces when submitting ads in native application format.
• Provide proof that accurately represents color.
• All charges associated with adjusting, completing or correcting ad materials
which do not meet our requirements will be billed to the advertiser.
B/W Digital Ad Submission
• B/W photographs should be saved in grayscale mode with a resolution of
at least 170 dpi. Line art must be at least 300 dpi.
• Provide all supporting art and typefaces.
• All charges associated with adjusting, completing or correcting ad
materials which do not meet our requirements will be billed to the advertiser.
Spot Color Ad Submission
• Please provide raw/native document file and all links/fonts instead of PDF
In Distiller, under Settings, choose Job Options:
• Under General, make the resolution 1200 dpi
• Under Compression, change the dpi settings to 200, 200, 800 respectively
• Under Fonts, embed all fonts
• Under Color, leave color unchanged
Any Ad Spec Questions
Call Susan Stewart, Creative Director, 931.438.8771; 1798 Wilson Parkway;
Fayetteville, TN 37334
When sending ad via e-mail, please be sure to provide name of publication,
dates to run and a contact phone/fax so that we may send you a proof.